The 2019 Irish Pony Club Festival Championships will once again be held in Barnadown Show Jumping on Thursday 25th, Friday 26th and Saturday 27th July 2019.
Shillelagh and District Hunt Branch will hold a Novice One Day Event on Sunday 8th September 2019 in the Tinahely Riding Club Grounds.
Amazing, fantastic and thrilling. Just some of the many positive words that the ten Irish Pony Club members used to describe their experiences at the 2019 RACE Jockey Skills Course.
Irish Pony Club Dressage and Show Jumping Clinic Postponed
Message from the Irish Pony Club Show Jumping Chairman
Message from the Irish Pony Club Tetrathlon Chairman
A Message from the Chairman of Mounted Games
The Irish Pony Club Tetrathlon Committee have made the difficult decision to postpone and provisionally reschedule the 2020 National Minimus Championships.
All committees of the Irish Pony Club have been carefully considering whether or not the 2020 championships can take place. It is with great difficulty that the Irish Pony Club has made the decision that there will be no championships during 2020.
Discipline committees are now investigating the possibilities of creating competitions for their disciplines which will accommodate the new guidelines, health and safety protocols and social distancing. These competitions will not take place until the latter stages of the Irish Pony Club Returning to Activity Plan and until national guidelines allow.
The following is the status of Discipline decisions to date:
- Mackey Ireland National Hunter Trial Competition 2020. This competition has been provisionally scheduled for Saturday 26th September 2020 in Moorefield Kennels, Old Ross, Co. Wexford.
- National Dressage Day has been provisionally rescheduled for Saturday 17th October 2020 in Spruce Lodge, Co. Wicklow.
- The National Minimus Competition has been provisionally scheduled for Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th October 2020, venue to be confirmed.
- National Tetrathlon Competition. A decision has not been made regarding this competition. The situation will be carefully monitored. Further updates will be distributed in due course.
- The Connolly’s RED Mills Eventing Championships have been cancelled. The Irish Pony Club Eventing Committee are investigating the possibility of developing a suitable competition for later in the year in compliance with government guidelines.
- The Irish Pony Club Festival has been cancelled. Each discipline committee involved in the Festival is investigating the possibility of developing suitable competitions for later in the year in compliance with government guidelines.
- The International Mounted Games competition scheduled for October will not include an international element this year. The committee are investigating the possibility of developing a suitable national competition for later in the year in compliance with government guidelines.
- The Senior Proficiency Tests for 2020 have been cancelled.
Each discipline will announce details of their competition plans, once all angles have been investigated.