Musical Ride Competition Objective
The objective of the Musical Ride competition is to provide an entertaining spectacle for both competitors and spectators.
The competition will be judged according to the IPC Musical Ride Official Judges Score Sheet. In the event of a tie, the ride with the higher Artistic Impression marks shall take the higher placing.
There will be a safety tack check for the team at the collecting ring before they enter the arena. No marks are awarded for tack but it must be in good condition and be safe.
Categories & Prizes
There are a number of categories in the competition as follows, each receiving it’s own cup/award. Along with cups, first place rosettes will be also be presented to the winners in each category. Participation rosettes will be presented to all other competitors.
1. Best Overall Musical Ride
- 1st Place - Vivienne Hillery Trophy
- 2nd Place - Evelyn Coyle Trophy
- 3rd to 6th Place - Rosettes
2. Best Team Artistic Presentation
- 1st Place - Brandon Cup
3. Best Team Entering for 1st time after an interval of 5 years
- 1st Place - Ponsonby Trophy
4. Best Under 12 Team (all riders to be aged under 12 on 1st January)
- 1st Place - U 12 Cup
5. Best Small Branch Team
- (max 8 riders in team from a branch with less than 30 members registered in previous year)
- 1st Place - Tuam & District Cup
Two small Branches may join to enter a team. The total membership of both branches must not have exceeded 60 in the previous year.
Rules of the Competition
- Minimum of 6 riders, maximum of 20 riders in the ride.
- All riders over 6 years of age on 1st January of the current year.
- Any person in the arena must be a current member of the Irish Pony Club.
- Dress – hats and footwear to comply with current Dressage Tack sheet.
- Tack - any normal tack and riding bit is permitted
- The arena will be a maximum of 30m x 60m and a minimum of 20 x 40m.
- The duration of the display within the arena should be no longer than 8 minutes. In addition to this time one minute maybe added for entry and one minute for exit. A total of 10 minutes. Music is permitted throughout the full time.
- Outside assistance – voice, bell, whistle, signal, etc is not permitted.
- Props are not permitted within the arena.
- A P.A. system will be made available for use. Each ride must provide their music on a CD or other suitable media. The introduction to their ride can be given by their own commentator or by the MC on the day.
ENTRY FOR THE IPC MUSICAL RIDE
The Musical Ride will take place at the Irish Pony Club Festival.
Entries for the Musical Ride will open when all of the Festival Competition Entries open on Its Plain Sailing. Therefore, entries for the Musical Ride will be made using Its Plain Sailing. Parents will enter their child through their Branches Its Plain Sailing page. The Branch DC or Branch Its Plain Sailing Administrator will then submit the entry to the Irish Pony Club. Branches who do not use the Its Plain Sailing system will submit their entries using an excel sheet which will be e-mailed to each Branch before the Festival. DCs are advised that timetabling may be very difficult if children are involved in both Mounted Games and Musical Ride so they may have to choose between these competitions.