Mackey National Hunter Trial - Competitor Numbers and Provisional Schedule
The Mackey Irish Pony Club National Hunter Trial will take place at Moorefields Kennels, New Ross, Co. Wexford on Saturday 26th September 2020.
The following article contains all of the information that everyone travelling to the competition will require. Please read it carefully.
- Competitors should arrive, not more than two hours before their scheduled start time.
- Follow the directions of the Covid-19 Compliance Officer and Stewards at all times.
- Gatherings are strictly prohibited.
- Respiratory etiquette and good hygiene practices must be implemented throughout.
- No spectators or additional family members to attend the competition. Only those required to assist the competitor prepare for the competition should accompany the member.
- Everyone in attendance must bring their own face covering and hand sanitiser.
- All children 12 and over while riding should use disposable face coverings under their chin and be encouraged to use face coverings while on site. Children under 12 will be encouraged to do likewise. This is for everyone’s safety.
- The competition will run in strict numerical order. If you miss your place, you will have to wait until the end of the competition to ride.
- While not walking the course or competing, competitors should remain with their vehicle.
- Once competitors have finished competing, they should proceed to leave the venue in an orderly manner.
- Please present to Tack Inspection, with passport, 30 minutes prior to the allotted start time with Team Trainer/DC or Appointed Branch Official.
The competition order will be as follows:
- Teams of Three
- Senior Pairs
- Seniors Singles
- Novice Intermediate Pairs
- Novice Intermediate Singles
- Junior Pairs
- Junior Singles
- Under 12 Pairs
- Under 12 Singles
- Details for the Hunting Horn will be communicated directly to the competitors.
Download the provisional timetable for the competition here....
Note: All times are subject to change. Please listen for updated from the commentator during the competition to keep up to date with how the course is running.
Select from the following links to download the Running Order, Competition Numbers and approximate Start Times. The competition running order is available to download in a numerical running order and in a Branch sorted order.
Please Note: All times listed are approximate.
The course will be open for inspection from approximately 2.00 pm until dusk on Friday 25th September after which time the gates will be locked. Please remind members not to climb over or sit on fences and not to tamper with flags, foliage or roping. The landowners have particularly asked that no competitors walk the course before this. Please make this quite clear to all parents and competitors and respect the wishes of the landowner.
While not ideal it is sometimes necessary to walk the course whilst a competition is in progress. In the interests of safety and consideration for competitors on the track, fence judges and officials, it may be necessary to restrict access to some obstacles. Obstruction has been caused by those on foot in previous years so please try to avoid this happening again.
Due to Covid-19, please do not touch any of the fences or flags on the course. Maintain social distance throughout the course walk and avoid gathering. Each person walking the course should bring their own hand sanitiser and face coverings to maintain their individual safety.
Due to Covid-19, there will be no printed handouts of the course maps available on site. Download each course map by clicking on the following links.
Printing Competitor Numbers
All competitors are asked to print their own numbers for the competition. In order to make this a little bit easier, a template has been created. Download the template and type in your competitor number. Print two copies of the number for your cross country number bib.
The final results for the Mackey Irish Pony Club National Hunter Trial competition 2020 will be published on Monday 28th September 2020. Due to Covid-19, a decision has been made that all results once published will be final. There will be no queries accepted on the results once posted.
Moorefield Kennels is located approximately fifteen minutes outside New Ross. For more detailed directions from your base, please use the following Eircode to get detailed directions through Google Maps or AA websites – Y35 AY72 or use the following link to get directions from your location: https://goo.gl/maps/QVksNGBiiec6oaUw7