Holmestead Saddlery Tetrathlon Championships - Entries OPEN
The Holmestead Saddlery Tetrathlon Championships will take place Sunday 5th and Monday 6th August 2018 in Crecora, Co. Limerick and in Nenagh.
Entries are now OPEN through your Branches Its Plain Sailing page. The official IPC Closing Date for submitting entries for the Tetrathlon Championships is Thursday 12th July 2018 at 12 Noon. This is the date before which Branches must submit their Branch entries to the IPC. Branches may request that parents submit their entries earlier than this date, to allow the DC and Its Plain Sailing administrator to verify the entries and submit them to the IPC (optional and may vary between branches).
Please Note: Entries should ONLY be made through your Branches Its Plain Sailing Page.
Provisional Timetable for the Holemstead Saddlery Tetrathlon Championship:
Shooting: The Shooting phase will take place on Sunday 5th August in Nenagh. Registration will take place at 8.30am sharp. The first shoot detail will take place at 9am. Please click on the following link for directions:
Swimming will take place at Nenagh Leisure Centre beginning at 12 noon on Sunday 5th August and for directions follow the link below: Directions to Nenagh Leisure Centre
Cross Country: The cross country phase will begin at 10am on Monday 6th August in strict numerical order, at 1 minute intervals at Crecora, Co. Limerick. Tack inspectionTBC. Members wear riding hat and body protector according to IPC Cross Country Tack Sheet 2018. Parents and Trainers are asked to ensure that members do not climb on fences or adjust them in any way when walking the course.
Running: The running phase will take place on Monday 6th August. Exact details will be confirmed as soon as possible. Numbers and timing chips may be collected from the secretary’s office.
- Prize Giving: The prize giving will take place on Monday 6th August. Time TBC.
Numbers may be collected from the Secretary's Office at the Shooting Phase on Sunday 5th August between 9am and 12 noon.
- It is recommended that Branches appoint ONE person to collect all of the Branch numbers and distribute to the members of your Branch at the championships.
Please Note: This year following an evaluation of the 2017 championships, the Tetrathlon Committee have decided to simplify the gun entry details on the Tetrathlon Championship Application Form.
- Each Branch has entered all of their Branches gun information on Its Plain Sailing and a specific number has been assigned to each gun.
- Therefore, parents just need to select the gun that their child has been allocated by their Shooting Trainer from a drop down menu. (Please check with your Shooting Trainer before entering if you are not sure which gun to select.)
- For Branches who do not own any guns but will arrange to borrow a gun for the championships, parents should select the NO GUN option.
- The NO GUN option should ONLY be selected in this case. If your Branch owns guns, then you must find out which gun your child will be using at the championships.
Stabling: Stabling is available at Limerick Racecourse. This stabling must be booked through the Irish Pony Club Its Plain Sailing page: www.itsplainsailing.com/club/ipc. Stabling will cost €55 for one night or two nights. Shavings will be provided but hay and hard feed will not be provided. If alternative stabling becomes available we will publish the information on the IPC website and Facebook pages.
Camping details TBC.
The Tetrathlon Rule Book is available to download from the Downloads page of the IPC website.
All competitors at the Holmestead Saddlery Tetrathlon Championships must be paid up members of the Irish Pony Club. Therefore, please ensure that all members intending to compete at the Tetrathlon Championships have paid up and received their IPC Membership Card.
Please Note: Entry Fee Details 2018
- Branches Using Its Plain Sailing
- As you may be aware, a new EU Directive came into force on January 13th 2018 prohibiting surcharging. These are additional charges for payments from customers by debit or credit cards both in shops or online. Specifically, for the Irish Pony Club this affects the IPC and Branches who use Its Plain Sailing. Going forward we must set the field “Handling Fee Included” to “Yes”. By setting this to "Yes" it means that the card handling fee that applies when a person is checking out and paying is not added on top of the entry/ membership fee, but instead it is deducted from the amount that gets transferred to your organisations bank account.
- Therefore, the IPC has decided to include the Handling Fee in the online entry fee price on Its Plain Sailing to prevent Branches incurring the cost of the Handling Fee, as explained above.
- Online entries by parents through Its Plain Sailing will cost €56.50.
- The fee for entering the Minimus Championships is €55 per entry. (€1.50 will be paid towards the surcharge / handling fee).
- This is NOT a new charge. The method of applying the charge has changed.
- Branches Who DO NOT Have an Its Plain Sailing Page:
- Branches who DO NOT who do not have an online Its Plain Sailing Page should collect the Entry Fee of €55 from their members who wish to enter.